Thoughts and musings two wheel based. Also wheel rebuilds and bottom brackets serviced.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Another first...*

Had a cracking pedal with my mate Al today up at Cwmcarn. The weather was cold and the snow was spitting about in the air but the conditions were spot on.

A knackered chain nearly put paid to the fun to start with but after a couple of adjustments it thankfully stayed put and didn't snap. That's not to say I didn't think of the potential damage to me if it had snapped on some of the climbs.
So, the first time on a singlespeed at a trail centre and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't make it on a couple of climbs, once due to chain jumping off with 10 feet to go and the other just running out of grip on the rocks. Hey ho. Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thanks for a good day out, Al.
*thanks for the inspiration, you know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment