Thoughts and musings two wheel based. Also wheel rebuilds and bottom brackets serviced.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

What's in the loft?

Had a bit of loft clearance today in order to get a load of insulation down. Anyway, enough DIY. I love going up in the loft as I get to root around through memories.
Bit of a long post this one but bear with me.
First up is my cut-off. Yes, really. I used to wear this over my (already badged up) leather as a youth!

The Ace Cafe pin badge I inherited from my Dad, and the other pin badge is from the European Young Rider of the Year competition in 1999. I came 17th (from memory) in the UK finals. The Paratrooper beret badge was my Great-Uncle Eric's, he didn't make it back from Arnhem. Anyway, it's a bit embarrassing to look at now, but at the time I thought I was the shiznitz.

Next up I found a couple of pages from my sketchbook which I had framed and used to have on the wall way back. Still nice to look at them, even though I never mastered drawing ellipses.
These next pics are of the Dealer brochure for the original Triumph Trident 750. My Dad always wanted one, but never had one. I love the brochure, some real details in it. Anyway, pics.
Cover-
Middle-
Which opens out to reveal-
Next pages have some nice details on the engine-
finally on the rear is the dealer stamp and a nice side panel shot-
So, just a few memories

No comments:

Post a Comment