Thoughts and musings two wheel based. Also wheel rebuilds and bottom brackets serviced.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Again


I love my Speed Triple, I really do. Yet there are times when it drives me mad. Heading off to look at a couple of potential projects a month ago it died on me. Refused to start despite my best efforts so back home on a trailer. This canned the ideas of the projects, as the Triumph had become one again.
After trying the usual suspects on the T300 series; CDI, pick up coil, sidestand switch/relay and still drawing a blank and no spark I was getting a little frustrated. Checking through the loom for earth continuity for the 3rd/4th time I happened to brush a loop wire in the unused factory alarm connector.
It moved.
Broken wire.
Fucker.

Wire spliced, spark from the plugs. Bike running.
Some would think the story ends there, but being a Triumph it doesn't. Whilst parked up I noticed some fluid on the rear rim. The seals had gone on one of the pistons. That's fixed now as well.

This kinda brings me on to my next moan.

No comments:

Post a Comment